Saturday, March 26, 2011

Impulsive buying

Take  a look at this article.  Skim through it.
http://www.uie.com/publications/whitepapers/ImpulseBuying.pdf by Jared Spool

Impulsive buying happens to nearly all of us.  Ever catch your self on a website scrolling through and thinking hum... I want that?  Ever think, "well its on sale, and there is no shipping cost." How much do we buy that we do not need?  I know that when I am browsing a online catalogue, I tend to go through all the categories, whether it be bathing suits, shoes or what ever, I like to look at all my options.  But, so many options can lead to buying extra items that are not necessarily needed.  With "sales" and "buy one get one" and other offers it is easy to get sucked in.  Ever find your self doing this?  Or you see a ten dollar coupon and you enter in the code, but you end up paying shipping so in reality it didnt save you anything.  Read the article and tell me what you think.

1 comment: